- M.Sc (Engg) : 2 years research programme
- PhD : Doctrate programme
Research areas at the department are:
- Communication Networks : Network science: Epidemic control, Rumour control, Information dissemination; Fair peer to peer networking; Physical layer security; Wireless sensor networks: Network design and analysis with applications in domains like healthcare, agriculture, and surveillance; WLAN performance management; Wireless scheduling with delayed information: Throughput optimality, delay performance; Optimal scheduling of loads with applications to Smart Grids; Energy harvested wireless sensor networks.
- Nano Electronics : Bottom-up compact modelling technique for next-generation transistors based on quantum-mechanical transport equations instead of usual semi-classical transport equation; Electrothermal effects in 2D materials based MOS transistors through atomistic simulation and analytical modeling; Computational study of quantum mechanical tunnelling in atomically thin layered materials; Beyond CMOS device research; Device-circuit interaction in Beyond CMOS applications; Electrothermal modelling of Semiconductor Devices and System-on-Chip; Drain extended MOS for System-on-Chip applications; On-Chip Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) Protection
- Signal and Information Processing : Information theory, Coding and signal processing with applications to nano-memories, music signal processing, quantum information processing, mathematical biology and applications, VLSI systems architectures for data storage.
- Electromagnetics :
- Electromechanics :
- Power Electronics and Alternate Energy Systems : Multi-level inverters for high power drives; power electronics based renewable energy systems